Can we stop cancers from forming?
There is some good news. Many cancers have become less deadly over the years as our ability to find them early has improved. It is regrettable that the number of people who will succumb to the disease will only increase over the decades as we go forward. Why is this so? Our environment continues to become more polluted as the days go by and it is no longer deniable that increasing toxicity is feeding the cancer scourge.
Having laid down that marker, the question remains: “Can we prevent cancer from forming in the first place?
Even the WHO has finally accepted that about 95% of all cancers are down to our environment and lifestyle and the remaining 5% can be tied to genetic factors. This is a reversal of the thinking over the past 50 years during which the emergence of cancers was tied to damage to the DNA with the creation of what was referred to as oncogenes, or genes that make one susceptible to cancer formation.
We have since learned that genes only provide a “potential” for what could happen. The science of epigenetics has opened the window to the understanding that while your genes have a potential for what the body may or may not become the environment and lifestyle shape the actual destiny of what does happen. In other words, the genes may “load the bullet” but the environment and specifically lifestyle will “pull the trigger”!
What is no longer in doubt is that we are all exposed to a barrage of known, suspected or even unknown carcinogens, (cancer causing chemicals), which include electro-magnetic fields and radiations, pesticides and insecticides of all shapes and sizes, and even artificial light espoused as “daylight” systems that try to simulate natural light from the Sun with the consequence of a disruption in the body’s circadian rhythm leading to many disease profiles including cancer. With what has been said, it may seem that stopping cancers before they start is a futile exercise, but if we start with the premise that a lot of cancers are preventable, it becomes less daunting. We can avoid cancers, in the main.
To do this, we must:
- Avoid exposure to as much of the known or suspected toxins (carcinogens) that exist in the environment
- Accept that some of these toxins would have found their way into the body at some point and because of that…
- Begin a process of detoxification that can help get rid of as many as possible of such toxins.
It can be done, if the will can be found. This writer believes that principally cancer is caused when a body is overburdened with toxins. This “toxin overload” taxes the body’s repair processes beyond the level it is able to cope with and the cells in the body’s most dependent areas then succumb to the damage and trans-mutate to cancer cells.
- Minimize your exposure to the majority of known or suspected carcinogens
- Maintain or maximize your body’s naturally ability to keep cancer away
- It’s hard, but do-able. The main issue we continue to face is that we are looking in the wrong direction when it comes to stopping cancer before it really gets a foothold in the body. We should maintain a pristine environment in the body.
How do we do that?
- Make sure that you avoid foods that have not been produced by nature! IF it comes from a farm, you may eat, but IF it is from a factory, please give it a wide berth!!
- Remove as much of the toxins that have already found their way into the body as efficiently as you can.
- Sleep…at the right times and for the proper length of time, without using a sleep aid!
- Remove ALL sources of stress! Especially those that have found an abode in your mind! Toxic thoughts constitute highways for cancers!
Oncologists may be helpful when it comes to treatment, but even then, you need to know which ones to deal with! Anyone who is not prepared to listen to your views does not deserve to be given your trust to manage your body! Managing cancer should be done in partnership and the patient is the senior partner. Look at every available option before choosing the best one for you.
Drinking enough water, sometimes referred to as being optimally hydrated, is critical. The body is 75% water. This water must be replenished regularly to support the body’s attempts to “wash toxins away”! Exercise, moving the body constantly, also pays dividends if you want to avoid cancer. The body was not created to be a “couch potato”! Eating fruits and vegetables is something you cannot do without. It is critical to your well-being. Not enough people are getting that done and it is partly responsible for the galloping rate of cancer we are seeing. Cancer research and non-profit organisations are nowhere near knowing what to do to treat cancers, not to talk of preventing it. You need to keep learning yourself to stay ahead of the “disease curve”.